Tips to Maintain Your Roof in Shape from Naperville Roofer Experts
Having a good roof overhead is necessary. Roofs protect your house from damage, hold heat or keep your home from cold, adds value to your house and gives you and your family a healthier, peace of mind and happier place to live. Even if your roof is a little bit old, if you follow these simple maintenance tips, you might be able to keep your roof in top condition and much longer roof span.
Here are some simple Naperville Roofer Experts maintenance tips
- Inspecting your roof after a heavy storm or inspecting it twice a year
- Spend a little time inspecting your roof twice a year, in spring and fall and after heavy storms. Check inside and outside roof, ensure there are no broken tiles or gouges from flying debris by using binoculars or a ladder.
- Trimming overhanging branches of trees
- Check out the growing trees near your house and roof. If there are branches hanging over your roof, it is better to trim them right away. Falling leaves or pine needles on your roof can create moisture and rot the tiles making them weak and may damage the structure of your roof. Trimming tree branches off your roof is a preventive measure from possible damage .
- Remove debris from your roof
- Twice a year, clean all the debris from your roof. Leaves, dirt, pine needles and other debris can cause mold and mildew that grows and damage on your roof. Keeping your roof clean helps not only to look better but also to maintain the best condition.
- possible damage .
- Don’t let mold and mildew to grow
- Signs of mold and mildew are the black spots on your roof. Roofing tile may cause damage to the underlying roof itself by mold overtime. Use a mold remover to clean your roof.
- Keep Gutters Clean
- Clogged gutters can cost thousands of dollars of damage on different types of roofing materials. Keep your gutters free of debris and in good repair.
- Damaged Shingles and Roofing Tiles should be Replace
- People think that one missing shingle or damaged roof tile isn’t going to affect anything. But this is false. So keep extra shingles and tiles on hand and learn the right way in repairing small issues to keep your roof in shape.
- Replace Roof Sealants
- Check your roof sealants and inspect those showing signs of wear and tear such as cracks or small missing pisces to clear and reapply fresh sealant.
- Cracked Mortar Around Chimneys should be replace
- Always check your chimneys or missing mortar and replace the damage. Mortars are the one that holds the chimney bricks in place and if they fall, it can damage your roof that results in losing your heating at an inopportune time.
- Snow Removal is a Must
- Remove snow on your roof if you live in a heavy snowfall area that is bound to pile up. Snow can be extremely heavy and may cause damage to your roof from excessive weight.
- Hire a Professional Inspection for your Roof
- Hire a professional to inspect your roof at least once a year if your roof is older than 10 years. They can spot the potential problems and fix them before they will be noticeable.
Naperville Roofing Map Directions
Naperville Roofing FAQs
-We’ve perfected our Roofing process, so most typical projects take between a few days to a week depending on the area. We pride ourselves in a guaranteed professional roofing process, and will do everything possible to stay within that time frame, rainy weather can delay the project, but it is rare.
-Yes. Hiring a professional is the best way to ensure that your Roofing application will look amazing and worth it! Our team at Downers Grove Roofing are certified Roofing specialists and have many years of experience.
-For the price, please contact our customer support to give you a guidance on the price quotation
-Yes, you can call us on our hotline at +16307296804
-Yes, although due to covid-safety precautions please book a meeting with us first by contacting us on our hotline +16307296804 or you can email us at downersgroveroofers.com